A 128 page teacher’s guide – Using the newspaper as a primary resource students learn how to navigate varied test features, understand and relate to current events, learn how to make informed decisions
A 128 page teacher’s guide – Using the newspaper as a primary resource students learn how to navigate varied test features, understand and relate to current events, learn how to make informed decisions and practice valuable reading and writing skills. View Full Teacher’s Guide here:
A 4 page teacher’s guide – companion to “Born to be Wired” in the Parade Magazine e-edition Sunday 10/09/2011. Cyberspace is the world of computers. You can navigate through Cyberspace safely
A struggling national economy is pushing more and more people out of their chosen professions and into other areas of the workforce, with some landing teaching jobs in local classrooms. Though some of
CANDLER — Lake Weir High fine arts teacher Suzanne Kiefer-Shelton sat at a Smart table Wednesday and played electronic learning games with several other Marion County School District employees. She used
Fessenden Elementary School principal Anna DeWese knew a complete overhaul of the mindset of teachers, students and community was needed after the school received a D grade last summer. DeWese, along
- Marion's jobless rate was 6.2% in April, state saysMarion County’s unemployment rate fell to 6.2 percent in April from 6.8 percent in the same month in 2014.
- PNC Bank in Ocala robbed; suspect arrestedThe PNC Bank at 716 E. Silver Springs Blvd. was robbed Friday.
- Birds mysteriously abandon nests near Cedar KeyThe birds came as usual, but suddenly and mysteriously around April 20, they disappeared, abandoning their nests.
- Perjury a problem, but obstacles prohibit prosecution“Do you swear or affirm the testimony you are about to give will be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?” In the courtroom, this question is always met with an affirmative response. But what happens when the witness says one thing and then does another?
- Memorial Day events in Marion CountyA list of Memorial Day events in Marion County.
- Married couple together face 26 chargesA married couple face more than two dozen charges on offenses of burglary, larceny, dealing in stolen property and more.