A 128 page teacher’s guide – Using the newspaper as a primary resource students learn how to navigate varied test features, understand and relate to current events, learn how to make informed decisions
A 128 page teacher’s guide – Using the newspaper as a primary resource students learn how to navigate varied test features, understand and relate to current events, learn how to make informed decisions and practice valuable reading and writing skills. View Full Teacher’s Guide here:
A 4 page teacher’s guide – companion to “Born to be Wired” in the Parade Magazine e-edition Sunday 10/09/2011. Cyberspace is the world of computers. You can navigate through Cyberspace safely
A struggling national economy is pushing more and more people out of their chosen professions and into other areas of the workforce, with some landing teaching jobs in local classrooms. Though some of
CANDLER — Lake Weir High fine arts teacher Suzanne Kiefer-Shelton sat at a Smart table Wednesday and played electronic learning games with several other Marion County School District employees. She used
Fessenden Elementary School principal Anna DeWese knew a complete overhaul of the mindset of teachers, students and community was needed after the school received a D grade last summer. DeWese, along
- County considers feasibility, consequences of transportation impact feeMost people who travel on roads probably take them for granted. But the road beneath your wheels came at a cost. Depending on where you are, the state or the county shoulders those costs. But the source of that money is another story.
- New evidence shows pythons eating native animalsNew study offers first-time evidence linking the proliferation of Burmese pythons to the dangerous drop-off in marsh rabbits and other small mammals in the 1.5 million-acre Everglades National Park
- YMCA embarks on scholarship campaignThe scholarship fundraising goal for the Frank DeLuca YMCA Family Center this year is ambitious.
- Two arrested in armed robbery at Marathon gas stationOcala police arrested two men in connection with a gas station robbery that occurred in the early morning hours of March 14.
- Robbery at Dollar General store Thursday morningTwo armed robbers held up the Dollar General store on West Silver Springs Boulevard Thursday morning.
- Full-time music and art teachers for all elementary schoolsThe School District will add full-time music and art teachers to each of the four smaller elementary schools in 2015-16, after all.